Very rarely does a day go by where I don’t eat avocados. I use them in everything from breakfast smoothies to salads, guacamole and even desserts and face masks. Avocados contain a multitude of benefits, such as anti-inflammatories, vitamins E, C, K and B6, as well as fibre, in addition to being a terrific source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. Its antioxidants help fight free radical damage, whilst the fatty acids nourish, hydrate, and plump the skin by protecting the health of the cell membrane.
Easy Homemade Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion (I like to use purple/Spanish onions, however white onions are most commonly used), finely diced
- 1 ripe roma tomato, chopped finely
- 1 large lime (juice of)
- 1 teaspoon chopped, fresh coriander
- Freshly ground Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit with a knife or spoon.
- Scoop out the flesh and place into a medium bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, mash until moderately creamy, but still a little chunky.
- Add diced onion, tomatoes and coriander to the avocados.
- Add salt, pepper, lime juice and (optional) Tabasco sauce and taste to see that it's seasoned enough to your liking.
Guacamole is the perfect accompaniment to any Mexican dish, grilled beef and chicken, or simply, as a dip. Enjoy!
1) Tell us about yourself.
Hayley is a nutritional food coach and qualified personal trainer, with a passion for healthy active living and creating delicious, nutritious real food recipes that are free from refined sugars, gluten and grains. As part of her business, Nourished Habits, Hayley specialises in food intolerances, creating personalised nutrition and lifestyle programs, and is also working towards one day having her own range of nourishing, allergen-free food products.
2) What inspired you to start Nourished Habits?
I've always been passionate about healthy living, nutrition and fitness, and after being diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, chronic inflammation and the coeliac gene, combined with significant trial and error in discovering what works best for me, I wanted to do the same for others. Nutrition isn't a one size fits all approach and I am anti 'diet,' however I am passionate about working with others to improve their eating and lifestyle habits to become the healthiest and most nutritionally educated they can be.
3) What do you love most about Sunlighten Saunas?
The fact that I can switch off and relax for 45 minutes, knowing how energised, cleansed and inflammation free I will feel at the end of my session
4) Do you recommend infrared saunas to your clients?
Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, and I would only ever recommend a product or service that I've trialled and received great results from. The benefits of Sunlighten far infrared sauna sessions speak volumes and therefore I recommend Sunlighten to all of my clients, family and friends.
- The Insider's Guide to Near Infrared Heat
- Thinking about a home sauna? Here are 4 factors to note
- Tips for achieving life balance