Have you ever tried near infrared heat?
It may have been recommended to you. So in this article we will discuss its potential benefits.
Infrared heat is a relatively new concept for some. We’ve explained the different spectrums in a previous post. But we want to help you understand the near infrared spectrum specifically.
What is it all about?
Near infrared waves have a shorter frequency range within the infrared spectrum. They help to penetrate the epidermis layer of the skin. This makes it optimal to assist with skin rejuvenation, wound healing and skin health.
It penetrates human tissue to assist with acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, cuts and more.
Near infrared helps you to purify your skin in a relaxing environment
Solocarbon™ 3-in-1 heating technology has been shown to assist wound healing and minimise scarring. It does this through the use of near infrared LEDs.
For example, each mPulse sauna has near infrared LEDs strategically placed so you can access this therapeutic infrared heat. For optimal effectiveness, LEDs provide near infrared at a singular wavelength with minimal variability, giving consistency of output without extreme heat or light.
- Studies on NIR LED have been conducted by NASA. It concluded that NIR LED light significantly promotes faster cell regeneration, wound healing and human tissue growth. Human cell growth increased by 155%-171% in some cases and wound size decreased by 36%.1
- A study from The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology concluded that LED near infrared (NIR) restores enzyme activity and reduces cell death by half.2
- A study done at the Medical College of Wisconsin demonstrated that LED-produced near infrared (NIR) helps promote cell health and regeneration. 3 The LEDs in our Solocarbon™ Custom Spectrum heaters produce infrared in this same range.
The technology used is like the infrared used in cosmetic and healing devices. LED technology helps heaters to produce consistent Near Infrared without extreme heat or light.
For example, the anti-aging program in the mPulse sauna runs at low heat for 30 minutes. It uses a blend of near and far infrared heat to improve complexion and assist with wound healing.
Do you have any other questions about near-infrared heat? We’d love to answer them below.
- Reasons why you should still use saunas in warm weather
- 3 ways that infrared saunas can help your skin
- Tips for achieving life balance